In 2018, Several leading manufacturers of PA 66 suffered from force majeure, resulting in insufficient supply of PA66 raw materials, contradiction between supply and demand, and soaring prices. Rising raw material costs are forcing more and more nylon cable tie manufacturers to adjust their raw material formulations to meet the market’s low price requirements. The common manners are:
1. Replace imported PA66 with domestic PA66
2. Increase the proportion of recycled materials
3. Increase the proportion of PA6
4. Adoption recycling granulated material, and the main component is PA6. Some of them are compounds, some have to be mixed with other materials.
5. Produce PP cable ties as per customer requirements.